Our Data Center
DTG wholly owns our Data Center, which means we control every aspect of it. We do not rent space at some server farm, or resell a solution and let another company worry about the backup. We can tell you where your data is at any point in time. We maintain our Data Center, and ensure that our Data Center is secure, and running at all times.
DTG is currently in the process becoming SSAE-16 SOC 2 compliant facility. This compliance standard is published by the AICPA and respected worldwide. This compliance and reporting standard addresses:
- Security: The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical.)
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, accurate, timely, and authorized.
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
The Dental Technology Group, Inc. Data Center is classified as a TIER 3 Data Center.
Backup - Data Replication Service (DRS)
In 2007 Dental Technology Group, Inc made an investment in creating our own Data Center, well before any other computer services group that catered to the Dental community. Our clients can say that this has been a practice saving addition to our services.
How it works:
DRS is a replication technology that moves data up to the minute from your server to our Data Center. Essentially as you enter data it is being backed up on our servers. We setup the system so there is a backup located on your server, for fast restores, and a copy on our Data Center that is then also backed up to another media and stored offsite. At any given time there are multiple copies of your data, always updating with what is being done at your practice.
This type of solution protects against ALL of the following:
- Accidental deletions
- Hard drive crashes on your server
- Natural disasters
Additionally, DTG offers the ONLY solution that is capable of doing what is called "Failover". DRS Failover allows our Data Center to become your running and working server if your server should fail, if a natural disaster occurs, or some other occurrence where your server is unreachable. We also allow, if needed, access directly to this failover server from remote locations (in case of tornado, fire, or other occurrence where your office is unreachable.)
Typically, we have some sort of recovery request monthly, normally these are requests because of accidental deletions, but the solution has provided hundreds of cases where recovery was only an email or phone call away.
DRS takes the backup liability off of the office. DTG ensures that your backup is good. Making it one less thing you need to worry about.
Questions that you should ask about your backup. If you don't know the answers, it is important for you to get them before you need to recover data.
- If you are doing your own backup, do you know if the data is any good? (DRS clients don't have to worry about this.)
- If you are using online backup:
- Is your data good?
- How long does it take to get your data back?
- Is your solution provider providing a HIPAA compliant solution?
- Where exactly is your data stored? In the US, or is it overseas?
- Do they own their solution, or are they reselling a solution, and relying on another company to handle this very important part for them?